Hello, Truecaller is calling you from Bangalore, India! Ready to pick up?
Truecaller transformed how we communicate when we launched in 2009 in Stockholm, Sweden.
Our mission is to build trust everywhere by making tomorrow’s communication smarter, safer and more efficient. We focus on bringing smart services with big social impacts, like protecting people from fraud, harassment, and scam calls or messages. We identify new numbers from anywhere in the world and build a space for trustworthy conversations, for those that matter. Truecaller is loved by over 300 million people around the world and is growing very rapidly across regions.
Who we are:
- The world’s #1 caller ID and spam blocking service for Android and iOS.
- A team of +300 people from ~35 different nationalities, spread across our headquarters in Stockholm and offices in Bangalore, Mumbai, Gurgaon,Tel Aviv and Nairobi.
- Backed by some of the most prominent investors in the world such as Sequoia Capital, Atomico, and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers.
We at the Ads Product, We at Ads Product are all about making Ads more meaningful & relevant to our users and help drive marketing objectives for our partners / advertisers. Ads is one of the ways Truecaller monetizes the APP, and thus holds a critical role in driving Truecaller revenues. Our scale boasts about: ~6 BN impressions (globally) per day, thus making Truecaller one of the largest standalone publishers in India and emerging markets like Egypt, North Africa etc.
Mission - The Ads team is responsible for monetizing Truecaller inventory through ads by offering targeted advertising solutions to our demand partners.
Product Features - Display/Video Ads, Audience/Device/Geo/Custom targeting, Roadblocks/CPM/Programmatic.
Responsible for - Building ads solutions and selling our ads offerings to our advertiser partners in India and outside
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you would be getting an opportunity to make an impact by shaping Truecaller’s AdTech. It is a wonderful opportunity to develop Backend APIs using the latest technologies and frameworks using Scala, gRPC and other HTTP/2 technologies.
What do we expect from you
- 5-9 years of experience as a Backend developer in a start-up or product based environment.
- Excellent knowledge of Scala and any other functional programming language, and at least 2+ years of experience in building applications using Scala.
- Deep understanding of Data structures and Algorithms.
- Experience of designing and architecting large scale distributed systems.
What will you work on
- End to end Backend architectural and development responsibilities, right from requirement clarifications till deployment(designing, coding and delivering) and stabilizing the feature in prod.
- Owning and contributing to the non-functional aspect(monitoring, alerting, logging) of the applications.
- Contributing with LLD, doing code reviews and suggesting and incorporating the right set of design patterns.
It would be great if you also have
- Experience with microservices architecture and design patterns and SOLID design principles.
- Hands-on experience in building large scale platforms & services using Scala, Play, Redis, Kafka & Nosql stores.
- Experience with GCP or any other public cloud.
- Good English skills, oral and written
Life at Truecaller - Behind the code: https://www.instagram.com/lifeattruecaller/
Sounds like your dream job?
We will fill the position as soon as we find the right candidate, so please send your application as soon as possible. We are excited to hear from you, don’t hesitate to apply!
This position is based in Bangalore, India.
We only accept applications in English.
What we offer:
- A smart, talented and agile team: An international team where ~35 nationalities are working together in several locations and time zones with a learning, sharing and fun environment.
- A great compensation package: Competitive salary, excellent medical, accident and life-term insurance, Udemy membership to keep learning and improving, and flexible working hours.
- Great tech tools: We ensure that you have winning tech tools and resources to thrive and succeed in your role.
- Office life: Enjoy your days with a wide range of yummy snacks and beverages. As well, exciting company parties and team activities such as Football, Lab days, Running team, or Geek lunch!
Come as you are:
Truecaller is diverse, equal and inclusive. We need a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs and experiences in order to keep building our great products. No matter where you are based, which language you speak, your accent, race, religion, color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, etc. All those things make you who you are, and that’s why we would love to meet you.
See similar positions
Senior Backend Engineer - GolangEnterprise Product
Senior Backend Engineer - ScalaEnterprise Product
Senior Backend Engineer -Team leadDeveloper Solutions
Senior Data ScientistInsights
Senior Privacy CounselLegal
Senior Product DesigneriOS Team
Senior Product OwnerEnterprise Product
Senior Sales Manager - Enterprise BusinessDeveloper Solutions
Senior Software Engineer - AndroidCloud Telephony
Senior Software Engineer - AndroidMessaging
Senior Software Engineer - AndroidUser Growth
Senior Software Engineer - AndroidUser Monetization
Senior Software Engineer - BackendCloud Telephony
Senior Software Engineer - BackendStrategy
Senior Test EngineerCloud Telephony