SPECIFIC TERMS FOR PAID SERVICES
Last updated: 12 June 2023
Truecaller allows you to access certain features in exchange for payment of a one-time or recurring fee, as applicable to the relevant features (each a “Paid Service” and collectively the "Paid Services").
Please read these Additional Terms carefully. They establish what you can expect from us as you use the Paid Services and what we expect from you. If you do not understand the Terms, or do not accept any part of them, then you may not use any Paid Services.
We provide a broad range of services that are available at https://www.truecaller.com/premium depending on your subscription plan and subject to these Terms, including:
- Assistant offers you, among other things, the ability to forward declined or missed calls before picking them up and to receive detailed information about the calls. After it answers the call, Assistant plays back to that caller a pre-recorded interactive answer. You will be able to determine when and how the Assistant answers calls with a script you choose as well as see and listen to the conversation between the Assistant and the caller. Assistant also uses a function to detect robocalls and top spammers from numbers in Truecaller´s spam database.
In order to use the Assistant, we will walk you through a process to configure your phone’s conditional call forwarding feature so that all declined and missed calls can be forwarded to the Assistant.
We also make various other resources available to you to answer common questions and to set expectations about using Assistant. These resources can be found at our Support Center available at https://support.truecaller.com/support/home and https://www.truecaller.com/call-screening.
- Call Recording provides a function that allows you to record individual telephone conversations. The laws regarding the notice and notification requirements of such recorded conversations vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction and even between states and territories. You're responsible for applying the local laws in the relevant jurisdiction when using this feature and for obtaining consent of any other parties on the call to the recording when necessary.
You can reach out to resources available about using Call Recording at https://support.truecaller.com/support/solutions/articles/81000410662-call-recording-ios.
Communication Charges. Assistant and Call Recording do not use Wi-Fi or mobile data. Calls answered by the Assistant and the individual telephone conversations you choose to record will incur carrier call minutes. You are solely responsible for any applicable fees or surcharges imposed by your mobile service provider for using the Assistant and/or Call Recording. These Terms do not apply to the features and services provided by your carrier (e.g., carrier calling and messaging, including SMS/MMS/etc.).
Some Limitations on the Use of Assistant and Call Recording. We aim to provide the most accurate, current, and rich data available and to only forward calls that are declined and missed, but we cannot make no guarantee regarding the accuracy of the results it provides. However, due to many variables in speech recognition, the Assistant will not always be able to fully understand what a caller says and detect all spam calls and robocalls.
We will not be liable for damages of any type, whether direct or indirect, arising out of or in any way related to the services, including but not limited to damages allegedly arising from mistakes, omissions, interruptions, delays, defects, and/or errors in blocking, transmitting, receiving, originating, terminating and/or delivering telephone calls or from the accuracy or inaccuracy of any information provided by the Assistant regarding any caller.
We will also not be liable under any circumstances for damages arising out of or related in any way to your use of or your inability to access, or your difficulty in accessing, its service through toll or local access numbers. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have all required system elements and that they are compatible and properly configured and that you comply with any and all laws applicable to you before registering or participating in any activity through the Assistant.
Before using Call Recording, you should check the laws of your country in order to determine if you need the other party’s permission to record a call. Even if your country only requires the permission of one party, you may receive calls from people located in countries or states that require the permission of both parties to record a call. If you record such a call without the knowledge and permission of the other person, you may be subject to civil penalties or criminal prosecution in the other state. Please note that the maximum time of call recording is limited to 24 hours for a month to prevent any abusive usage.
Acceptable Use Policy. We aim to provide a safe and enjoyable experience to our users. You agree to use the Paid services only for purposes that are lawful.
Please follow the rules below when using the Paid Services.
- Refrain from sharing photo or message content with other users that may potentially breach copyrights of third parties.
- Do not use the Paid Services to transmit any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, sexually explicit, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable material of any kind, including but not limited to any material that encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, gives rise to civil liability, or otherwise violates any applicable local, state, national, or foreign law.
- Do not impersonate another person (via the use of a telephone number or otherwise) or otherwise misrepresent yourself or the source of any phone call.
- Do not distribute other people’s personal and confidential information, such as credit card numbers, confidential national ID numbers, or account passwords, without their permission.
- Do not abuse the Paid Services.
- Do not modify, adapt, translate, or reverse engineer any portion of the Paid Services.
- Do not remove any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on the Paid Services.
- Do not use the Call Recording unless you have determined that your use is legal.
When we identify a potential violation, we may review and take action, including limiting or terminating your access to the relevant Paid Service or Paid Services. We do not tolerate illegal activities, and this may result in you being banned from the Truecaller application and/or being reported to the authorities.
Privacy. The data types we process depend on how you use the Paid Service.
For example; you only need to provide your phone number and carrier to start using the Assistant. We may also require an on device access to your contacts.
We will not save any personal information about your contacts by default. Therefore, we will forward all declined and missed calls to the Assistant including calls from your contacts, as we will not be able to differentiate between unknown callers and your contacts. If you do not want the Assistant to forward calls coming from your contacts, we will need your permission to save only the phone numbers of your contacts on our servers. We will not use or store any other personal information about your contacts, such as name, photo, or email address. You can always turn off this permission by going to Settings.
When you start using Assistant, we will also collect information about your calls answered by the Assistant and devices you use including information about app installation status, call duration, call status (ongoing, completed etc.), declined calls (that are actively declined and didn't get answered by the Assistant). All calls answered by the Assistant will be recorded and transcribed for in-call display and retrieval from logs. You may download these recordings and transcripts to your device within 30 days starting from the recording.
When you use the Call Recording to record individual telephone conversations, you can collect the transcription and make searches from the recording of the call. Transcripts and recordings will be stored only on your phone and Truecaller will have no access to them. Notwithstanding your requirement to obtain the other party’s permission to record a call, where required in the relevant jurisdiction, Truecaller will inform the other party with a beep notification or otherwise to indicate that the call is being recorded in accordance with applicable laws.
Service Interruptions. Paid Services may be suspended temporarily, without notice, for security reasons, systems failure, maintenance and repair, or other circumstances. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, you will not be entitled to any refund for these temporary suspensions.
Changes to Paid Services. As we evolve our Paid Services constantly, we may stop permanently or temporarily providing them at our discretion. Truecaller will not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Paid Services. The applicable Truecaller Terms of Service specify how you can cancel a subscription or seek a refund.