Supplemental privacy notice for Virginia residents
This supplemental privacy notice for Virginia residents (the “Notice”) is provided under the Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act (the “VCDPA”) effective as of January 1, 2023 in order to explain privacy rights available to Virginia residents and provide certain mandated disclosures about our treatment of Virginia residents’ information.
Please see the following disclosures for the purposes of compliance with the VCDPA:
NON-PERSONALIZED ADVERTISING AND COMMUNICATIONS: We do not sell or share Your personal information. We may only use Your information to provide You with non-personalized advertising, by enabling restricted data processing using Google as a service provider. We do not use Your precise location or personal information to serve You personalized ads.
Subject to Your settings, we may contact You for verification purposes or with information pertaining to the Services or special offers, e.g. newsletter e-mails, SMS and similar notifications about Truecaller’s and our business partners’ products and services. We may use Your information to contact You about our Services and features or to inform You of updates including to our terms and policies.
You have the following rights regarding Your personal data under VCDPA:
- To confirm whether or not Truecaller is processing Your personal data and to access such personal data;
- To correct inaccuracies in Your personal data, taking into account the nature of the personal data and the purposes of the processing;
- To delete personal data provided by or obtained about You;
- To obtain a copy of Your personal data that You previously provided to Truecaller in a portable and, to the extent technically feasible, readily usable format that allows You to transmit the data to another controller without hindrance, where the processing is carried out by automated means; and
- To opt out of the processing of Your personal data for purposes of (i) targeted advertising, (ii) the sale of personal data, or (iii) profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects.
For all requests to exercise Your rights under this Notice and any enquiries You may have regarding our Services please submit an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org with an appropriate subject line or create a ticket at https://support.truecaller.com/support/home .
We will ask that You provide certain information to verify Your identity, such as a code sent to Your device we may have on file for You. If You have a password-protected account with us, we may verify Your identity through our existing authentication practices for Your account. The information that we ask You to provide to verify Your identity will depend on Your prior interactions with us and the sensitivity of the personal information at issue. We will respond to Your request in accordance with the VCDPA. If we deny Your request, we will explain why.
You can also send Your enquiries (including in relation to any grievances to our Grievances Officer) via email to email@example.com or by post to ‘The Grievances Officer’ at the address below:
Truecaller International LLP
1st Floor, Platina Tower
M.G Road, Near Sikandarpur Metro Station,
Sector 28, Gurugram,
If Truecaller cannot resolve Your concern or if it is inconvenient to contact us, You may raise the matter with the Attorney General.
Effective Date: 1 January 2023